16.10.15

Optional task  43 group
Dear students of the 43rd group,
If you want to get some extra points you may do an extra task - write me a letter about the job interview that you have just had. I expect you to tell me about
- General impression
- How did you get ready for the interview?
- What were you asked about?
- What was the most unusual question?
- Do you think you will get that job?
Adjectives for describing a person, that may help you write the letter.

How to WOW at a Job Interview.


1.      Tell about yourself.
warm-up question – вступне питання
snapshotстисла характеристика
job opening, vacancy -  відкрита вакансія

I have been working as a manager at McDonald’s for 5 years. I am responsible for personnel’s work efficiency. I started my career with fulfilling a cashier’s position and in 3 years’ time I got promoted to being a manager. A team of workers under my guidance has become one of the best among other facilities.
2.      What are уour salary expectations?
average remuneration – середня зарплата в галузі
to deflect – відповісти питанням на питання
salary on offer – сума винагороди, що пропонується компанією
to keep their costs down – щоб зекономити

I am convinced that whatever remuneration you are paying is consistent with the current market average of $1700 to $2000.
3.      Why should we hire you?
killer question – коронне питання
break your chances – зменшити ваші шанси на отримання посади
requirements and expectations – вимоги та сподівання
What can you do for our business? – який внесок ви можете зробити?

As I understand your expectations, you are first and foremost in need of a person who could increase your sales and has experience in team management. I can assure you of my proven track record in this sector. Successfully managing and developing my skills within your enterprise we would both benefit from our prolific collaboration.
4.      Expect the unexpected (some very unusual questions that the interviewer can ask you)
  •    Are you happy with your life?
  •     If you happened to be a pizza delivery guy, how would scissors be handy to you?
  •     Do you know why a tennis ball is fuzzy?
  •    How does the Internet work? – Как работает интернет?
  •    How dishonest and self-centered are you?
  •   What is there to dislike about humanity?
  •   What is the color of money?
5.      Why did you leave your last job?
6.      What are your weaknesses?
7.      What motivates you?
8.      How would your former colleagues describe you? 

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар